zondag 28 mei 2017

Home again








It feels like ages since I came back from a short holiday in the UK, but it's only three weeks. My work and garden take up most of my time, but I have been travelling through my own country as well. Visiting places I have never been to. I quite enjoy it!

My week in East Sussex was a success. My boyfriend and I stayed in a beautifully decorated cottage in the garden of an old farmhouse. I couldn't have chosen a more romantic place. The garden looked like a dream, there were deer out in the fields and there was even an orchard in full blossom, to enjoy.

The weather wasn't that good, but it did not really bother us. There was so much to see! We explored Petworth and Petworth House and Gardens, Arundel and Arundel castle and Polesden Lacey.  We enjoyed the bluebell woods around our cottage, the fields of wildflowers and The Lanes area and seaside at Brighton.

In today's post a collage of the places we have been too. I hope you enjoy it!

Have a lovely couple of weeks ahead! From a sunny and warm Rotterdam,

Love,

Madelief x

* Thank you for your comments on my last few posts. I am sorry I don't reply that often, but I am more active on Instagram these days.

Photo 1 to 10 The Summer House, Kirdford, East Sussex. Photo 11 to 16 Petworth House and Gardens. Photo 18 to 27 Arundel and Arundel Castle. Photo 27 until the end, Polesden Lacey.















22 opmerkingen:

  1. Beautiful images as usual Madelief. Your trip to England must have been most enjoyable. Where does the time go, I understand how the week seem to just drift by.

    Have a glorious week
    Helen x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Wat heb je het heerlijk gehad daar! Zoals altijd volgens mij. En daardoor zijn de foto's ook weer geweldig. XX Esther

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. oh erg mooi madelief leuke foto wat leuk die oude jellie puddings
    ziet er erg mooi uit

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Parts of England are very pretty.
    Merle...........

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Prachtig! Blue bells, is er iets mooiers? Groetjes Hetty

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. You have really captured England's spring beauty in these fabulous photos Madelief.
    So glad your trip was such a wonderful time - hope all summer is special and I will look forward to seeing your own, always stunning, garden in Rotterdam!
    Any chance you have seen/heard from our friends the L&J H? I miss them so much and hope they are well and happy. Seeing the English gardens here made me think of L especially.
    Happy spring days dear -
    Mary x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Hi Mary,

      Thank you for your sweet comment. Hope you are well? L&J are both fine and more active on Instagram too. I hope you will be able to find us there!

      Take care! Love, Madelief x

      Verwijderen
  7. Wat een mooie foto's ....prachtig ......Engeland is mooi....!!...geniet van een heerlijk voorjaar ...liefs Ria x ❤️

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Prachtige foto's, wat heb je mooie dingen gezien! Engeland is zo mooi, ik wil er meteen weer heen nu ik dit zie.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. What a wonderful place to spend time with your boyfriend. The gardens and the apple blossoms are to swoon over. How beautiful!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. What glorious photos. And cats, too. :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. Dearest Madelief,
    So glad you both enjoyed your week in England!
    Guess you have chosen the most lovely time of the year, rain or shine, those blooms make for a happy view!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  12. Hi Madelief,
    My sister lives in Sussex so I know some of these places .... we know Brighton fairly well ..... I love it, especially the Lanes and The Pavillion. Glad you both had a lovely time ... enjoy your garden. XXXX

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  13. It was lovely to see your recent holiday to Sussex, you always make our country look so attractive. I'm glad you are enjoying life and having fun and discovering new places. Sarah x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  14. Wat fijn dat jullie zo genoten hebben. Ik vind je foto's prachtig, ik ben er nog nooit geweest maar de liefde voor dit land begrijp ik maar al te goed. Er hangt zoveel sfeer!

    Veel liefs en een dikke kus, Ingrid

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  15. Looks like a lovely holiday - you have captured some truly beautiful images to share. So happy for you! xx Karen

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  16. I so much enjoy looking at your pictures. Beautiful country.
    betsy

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  17. Ziet er prachtig uit Madelief. Bluebells blooming, mooooiiiii.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  18. we have provide the 123movies best ppc service in Gurgaon.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Thank you for your lovely words.